Monday, April 28, 2008

beautifully frustrating


New York is so beautiful right now. It's very green.... everywhere you walk has huge branches with green leaves drooping down over the sides of the streets. It almost seems unreal because it's so colourful. There are purple, pink and green tree's and I never thought New York was like this. Today it was raining and it wasn't much fun cause I had to do a ton of stuff in the rain. I have a collection of food that I can cook and it's in a drawer under my bed. The collection gets a bit bigger each day as I go get a few more ingredients and stuff. I went into manhatten and bought a cell phone so now i'm mobile which is nice. (number is 1-347-228-1232 and i'd love to hear from you hint hint)

I went to a bank and tried to cash some travellers cheques but they wouldn't let me without a passport so I have to go back tomorrow. I'm gonna get up at 8 tomorrow and shower/eat and then i've gotta get to the bank to get some money. I'm supposed to get to hannah's office by 10:30 but i'll definately be late cause I haven't mastered the subway system yet. It's really cool here but it's stressful being here along cause there is so much that needs to get done. Anyway i'm gonna relax for a bit now and sleep so i'm all ready for tomorrow.

Love to all
Dan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
I love the picture. I guess spring there is way ahead of us here, althought today the daffodils did bloom.
I'm glad you're getting settled in. It should get less stressful once you get all set up and figure out the subway etc.
We all look forward to seeing your new blog entries and pictures
Have fun

swanvil said...

Hey Dan

Looks like summer there! Love the purple blossoms.

Got the camper out of the barn today and it started first time. Now it is back home and looks like rain tomorrow.

Hope your day goes smoothly tomorrow. Manhatten is a really exciting place, so much to see and do but also pretty tiring.

Keep smiling!

nm

Syd said...

Yo Dan!
It looks so beautiful there! Right now it's foggy and wet and even though I know the harbour is in front of me, I can't see it.
I'll see if I can give you a call later, though I don't know if I my phone will let me call long distance.
I know you'll do great today! Don't stress. Woo you're in NYCCCCCC!!!!!

SYDDD

Anonymous said...

Hey!
It looks beautiful there! Halifax is gross and foggy and depressing, good thing im leaving tomorrow. It's 20 in Amsterdam ;)
I found a girl on a blog talking about gluten free diet in Holland, and we've been emailing back and forth, so I think I have a gluten free friend (I'm kind of a FREAK...).
Sounds like you're getting on pretty good, I lie the shots so far!
Anyway, I miss you, I made a blog too, so check me out, and I will check out out and we can check each other out.
cool
hugs
Emma