Monday, May 12, 2008

half done


So I'm half done the work term. This is a photos of Ollie and I downtown. He's from Australia and we just went around town looking for flat brims and stuff. Last night we went to Iron Man and it was a sick film so I would recommend all of you guys check it out. We also went into starbucks and apparently there is such thing as a quad espresso which I didn't know...

Tried to go out this weekend and experience the night life in New York. I hate being under the legal age though cause they give me a stamp saying I can't drink and it makes me really frustrated and feel like I'm a baby. Today I'm actually going on a shoot with Hannah. It's a fashion show and I don't know how it's gonna all pan out yet but I think it's gonna be pretty cool. I'll definitely keep you guys posted on how it goes. Ollie and I met this ridiculous guy on the subway who told us he was a photographer and we got to talking about stuff and he gave us his website. It is ridiculous and pretty offensive, it looks like crappy pictures of naked women taken in like his bathroom. I honestly don't know what goes through his head but we had a really good laugh about it when we saw the site. Overall the weekend was pretty low key but thats fine at this point cause I just need to rest and relax. It's raining today but overall it hasn't been to bad. Probably about 70 percent sunny and nice and 30 percent rainy so I really can't complain. It does feel like stuff is moving quite slowly here and I'm so excited to get back. I've got to start looking into flights home and getting that all organized. I'll keep updating this once and awhile but I don't have time to do it every day. I'll be back soon enough and I'm gonna have to start thinking about where I'm going to go after school to get work. I've been thinking long and hard and New York may be where I end up going after next year. I guess I have another year to figure it out though.

Love to all
Dan

1 comment:

Emma Van Rooyen said...

Nice new FB Dan (that's flat brim, in case you didn't know).
Im glad your love hate relationship with NY is turning out for the best.
Miss you
Emma