Monday, May 5, 2008


Hey guys. Probably a pretty short blog today. I have to be up at around 4:30 in the morning to get to work around 6:30 cause I'm assisting on a shoot. Should be alright and I'm told it will be boring but oh well. I wanted to say Happy Birthday to Dad (sorry I completely forgot) and I hope it's awesome. I wish I could have been there for it. I'm really missing halifax and it's size. It's waaay to big here and it tires me out just walking around. This weekend I've been in manhattan shooting a whole bunch and it was great. I'm trying to find another flat brim hat that I like but I can't decide on one. Dan if you read this tell me what friggin size flat brim you need cause I forget and you don't answer my messages. Today I was in lids and a guy came up to me and started talking to me about my camera. He knew it was a wedding camera and we chatted for awhile about photography. He's a photojournalist and he asked me to come to his party tonight (which I couldn't really go to cause I have to be up so early). I was a bit nervous to go hang out with him but I asked the store keeper who vouched for him said he was a good guy. He also wanted me to go to the beach and shoot some surf photos on wednesday but I'm working so I told him that next weekend hopefully we could do something cause I'd be free. Anyway I have to get back to work, it's amazing how independant it is here like I'm responsible for so much and I kinda like it. There's a lot of great stuff here in New York but it's really sad that I have to enjoy it alone instead of with all my friends and family. Something about exploring alone make stuff a bit more boring. I went to the museum of modern art here in New York with a buddy from the hostel today and it was very interesting. It's sad for me to have to make new friends every few days even though it's neat and I seem to very easily. I still wish I had even one person here who was with me the whole time... it would make it a lot better. What's worse is I can't go to bar's cause I'm not 21 and I don't have a fake. Maybe I'll try and get one.

Anyway. Bye for now
Love you all
Dan

4 comments:

swanvil said...

Just had to say how much I like that photo. The lighting, clouds are fantastic.

It sounds like you are being worked pretty hard but it also sounds interesting.

Yeah it is harder to get enthusiastic about doing things when you are by yourself but you are still getting to see all kinds of cool stuff.

Really enjoy your blogs Dan,

nm

Anonymous said...

I love the photos you've been taking. Kind of looks like a holy car. But seriously, the clouds and the way the light just pours onto the road is beautiful. And the purple tree one on flickr.
And I'm glad to know you're meeting tons of new people. I didn't think you'd have any problems with that. Have you been singing still?
It sounds like you're been having an exciting time- I love reading the updates. And keep your head up. Miss you!
Brittany

Emma Van Rooyen said...

I wish I was there with you... but here at the same time. You know?
But I kind of feel like I am, because I read you blog everyday. So it's almost as good (well... not really, but it's something at least)
The pictures are great!
Miss you
Emma

Syd said...

I check your blog everyday too! HA! There you have it!
Aw I wish I was there. I love Halifax but getting away is nice. Keep up the blogs because I love reading them.

SYDDDDDDDD